Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm sitting here luxuriating in new socks. I have plenty of ancient socks, but new socks seem like quite a treat. Thank you Lexie for the socks. She also brought me six Boston cream doughnuts from Dunkin Doughnuts and a cup of coffee. This could be the best Thanksgiving ever.

While Lexie is dealing with the slings and arrows of a more traditional Thanksgiving with her family I'm left to my own devices in the studio. So I'm taking a moment to update the blog with a bit of musical mirth to enhance your holiday experience.

Last night Lexie and myself brought the Band camp show to Caztaway's Island for DJ Shortdog's rez day party. We got in from Pre-holidiay errands just in time to log on and tune up. But even though we didn't have time to notify our fan base, the show was very well attended indeed.

Lexie suggested we play the whole show as a duo, and split the fee. I didn't think we had a full hour of material, but it seem 90 minutes later I was proven wrong. Around the top of the hour, when I noticed we still had plenty of songs left to play, I started to improvise the “Thanksgiving Mojo” song. I think it turned out well enough that I'm going to post a copy on the blog today, as a token of holiday goodwill, or just to keep things interesting.

The thanksgiving mojo song

No comments:

Post a Comment