Monday, January 7, 2019

Harrie is gone

I really don't know what to say. I'm stunned and I feel as if I'm drowning. I haven't cried in decades until I found out of the passing of Helen Harbision/Harrie Skellerjump. For those of you that never got to meet her, she was the purple hair Queen of Pixel Hill, Second lifes most prestigious Music venue back in the day.

Harrie was a mover and shaker and featured the gold standard of  music at her venue. You know something weird? You never really notice how much unimportant things people worry about until you meet someone whom doesn't sweat the minutia. That was Harrie. if the music was good that's all that matter and it'a funny how good music stacks up. All my SL muso faves at the time play Pixle hill POL Arida, Winstone Ackland, Shagpile Stryker, Maximillion Kleen, Lexie Luan aand even Zorch Boomhauer.

She actully booked me for my first show and made me a tip jar and showed me how to "REZZ" it. I had all my Zorch Boomhauer relase parties at Pixel hill. She was incredibly Important to my development as an artist. and as important as all was to me, In the end she was my friend. I don't have a lot of friends. She'll be missed.

The Screen cap above, if from the big Pixel Birthday party. it was a good show, good time and I was lucky to be there. I have one take away from Harrie's passing. You never really know how much time youo have to be kind to people before they are gone. Let's be kind to everyone from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment