Friday, February 16, 2018

Spotify is not the future of music distribution... it's the NOW!

People deep down inside want music and musical success to be a matter of the cream rising to the top. however...In the past, it's never been a meritocracy. You got to hear what the man in a suit thought you would buy. But lets face it, 20 years ago if you had a "Demo", it was at the bequest of a suit monkey, and in most cases the Demo sounded like Garbage.

Now thanks to the ceaseless march of technology, any non-affiliated farm boy can make a demo and sound like garbage. The same non-affiliated farm boy can upload the Demo to the Inter web and he's out in the world and surely moments away from being discovered by a Impresario recording dude whom will love him for his grand musical vision and sign him up for a.... GASP.... Development deal.

non-affiliated farm boy whispers as a single tear flows down his cheek,"I knew I was pretty".

Wow that was a tangent. Anyway......

It's hard to make a good recording and frankly, it's just as hard to make a bad recording. but good songs need to fly free and find willing ears to make a new home in. And the best way to go about that is Via Spotify.

You can use Spotify for Free if you don't mind commercial (I don't mind They come up rather infrequently). I don't have a premium account, so I don't know what if any advantages it has (outside of being commercial free). Long story short, if you Love or like music, you should sign up for an account today.

Once you have an account, start looking for music you like (example "Search Kinagree Smith)and start jamming in your jammies. Not only can you listed, but you can be an active participant in promotion by starting your own play list and sharing it with your Lover, Friends and Casual acquaintances. Before you know it, you have become a mover and shaker in the world of independent music, and enjoying some tasty toonage.

I would rate my tech savvy at about medium and I seemed to have few problems finding song, playing songs and creating playlist. Frankly, I've only been using the service for a few hours, but most of that time has been spent listening to music. So while I'm not ready to write a book  for advanced users, I can tell  you it's pretty easy to use.

I recommend you check it out by clicking here, and give it a try. Then click here if you want to go to the Psychedelic recording studios play list. Try it now and thank me later.

Try it today, and thank me later. this is too much fun to keep to myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment