Wednesday, April 2, 2014

All I want is loving you and music,music,music

I'm not announcing any new big projects here, but I've been bumping around with a bunch of musical instruments the last few days and I'm really feeling my Sap rising. I've devoted my life to music and I still haven't reached bottom yet.

I also spend a lot of time thinking about music and let me share a few random thoughts

Music is shaped by it's audience... and that is not always a good thing. We live in a world that values music as a commodity. The more commercial some bit of music is, the better it is. This is true even in niche genres like ours.   Now I find myself wondering if that is true.

I love music and I've spent four years supporting myself with music. It's was very hard because I didn't make much money at it, but I scraped out a living.

 Then I got a day job.

I still played music ever night but I made enough money with the day job to consider music a hobby. My Day job has provided me with all the musical tool I could ask for and now all my gear is Super Mega. I should be making music like a crazy monkey. But I'm not.

Now that music is not "work" it requires more discipline then I've developed. So the last few days I've been enjoying my new musical toys with random enthusiasm.  I'm figuring the best way to do "something" is to get about doing "anything".

I'm currently laid off of my job, so lets see if I get any more productive. This has afforded me time to make music, but I would love to go back to work.

What was this blog about?

No comments:

Post a Comment